Indo-US Public Health Fellowships
Indo - US Public Health Fellowships
(A Joint Initiative of SERB, PHFI & IUSSTF)
In an effort to augment scientific excellence in areas of public health, the Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) in partnership with the Public Health Foundation of India announces the ‘Indo-US Public Health Fellowships’ program supported by the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Government of India. The objective of this program is to promote research and capacity building in the crucial area of public health. It is envisaged that these fellowships will help strengthen and expand the knowledge base of Indian Public health research and education.
ELIGIBILITY / APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
Age: Upto 50 years.
- The applicant must possess a post graduate degree from an accredited institution in any domain relevant to public health, including medical & non-medical sciences, nutrition, dentistry, nursing, pharmacy, social sciences and humanities. (Applications related to biomedical, biophysics, biochemistry are excluded under this fellowship)
- It would be desirable if the candidate has a Doctoral degree.
- Demonstrated research experience would be an advantage.
Areas of work: Area proposed by the candidate should be clearly defined research areas in any aspect of Public Health including health systems, health policy, health economics / financing, health communication / advocacy, epidemiology etc.
Place of work:
- It is desirable that the fellow should be accepted by an internationally recognized institution in USA in the field of public health. There should be willingness of the US host to accept and extend necessary support to the candidate for the work proposed. However, PHFI will facilitate to match promising candidates with potential host in US.
Fellowship duration: 3 to 12 months
- Monthly Fellowship- The IUSSTF Fellow will be entitled to fellowship amount of US $ 3000 per month
- Return Airfare- Air-tickets for all the selected IUSSTF Fellow would be provided directly by the IUSSTF travel desk by economy class and shortest route from their place of work in India to the place of the American host institute and back. As a rule, reimbursements will not be provided for air tickets purchased directly.
- Preparatory Allowance- IUSSTF Fellow will also be entitled to a personal contingency grant of upto a maximum of Rs. 50,000 to cover for visa, airport transfer, medical insurance etc. Medical insurance expenses, visa fee, airport transfer charges will be met by the fellow from out of this personal contingency grant.
- Conference Allowances- IUSSTF Fellow will also be permitted to travel within USA to attend conferences or visit other institutes of interest with the approval of the advisor at the host institute. The Fellow will be entitled to avail one of the following grants for this purpose :
i) Grant of $ 600 for fellowship period upto 6 months
ii) Grant of $ 1200 for fellowship period beyond 6 months
Submission Deadline: 28 February 2013
For program information contact:
|Dr. Smriti Trikha
||Ms. Kalpana Swamy
|Indo-US Science and Technology Forum
12 Hailey Road, Fulbright House
New Delhi -110 001, India
|Public Health Foundation of India
ISID Campus, Vasant Kunj
New Delhi-110019, India