The Graduate Research Opportunities Worldwide (GROW) program is a partnership between the Science and Engineering Research Board(SERB), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India and the National Science Foundation(NSF) to provide NSF Graduate Research Fellows with opportunities to enhance their professional development through research collaborations at top-caliber science and engineering research sites in India.
- To promote research and capacity building in frontline areas of science and technology;
- To pave way for the next generation scientists and technologists from the United States to interact with their Indian peers, thus helping to build long-term R&D linkages and collaborations; and,
- To bring talented American students to research laboratories and academic institutions in India to build a deeper appreciation of the culture of innovation and long-standing tradition of scientific enquiry in India.
- Applicants should have completed at least one year of their graduate program at the time of application.
- Applicants must be enrolled at U.S. institutions, making satisfactory progress towards their degrees, and have fulfilled all GRFP reporting requirements.
- Open to MS - and Ph.D. seeking Fellows.
|Note: Students would be short-listed by the National Science Foundation, following which the list would be shared with the Indian Partners.
- NSF provides a lump-sum amount to cover travel and other related costs
- SERB provides monthly living allowance in INR
|Responsibilities of the Host Indian University
- The Host would help IUSSTF to identify potential research areas and suitable mentors for the GROW Fellows.
- Provide research-based experiences to the GROW Fellows.
- Help arrange for on-campus accommodation at subsidized costs.
- Mentor the GROW Fellows and integrate them into workgroups and activities
| List of Indian Host Institutions
|Download GROW Program Handbook
|For more details please visit:
|For queries please contact:
Dr. Smriti Trikha
Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF)
12 Hailey Road, Fulbright House, New Delhi- 110 001
Phone: 91-11- 42691709, 42691705