Technology Transfer Course
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. of India, University of Wisconsin-Madison (UW) and the Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) are partnering to support the Technology Transfer Course under the aegis of the prestigious Khorana Program named in honor of Dr. HarGobind Khorana, who won the Nobel Prize in 1968 for his work at the interface of Chemistry and Biology while a member of the UW faculty.
The Technology Transfer Course is specially designed as an intensive program aimed to provide participants with significant insight into managing technology in its journey from the laboratory to the marketplace through a series of pedagogical lectures, round table discussions, case studies, and site visits.
- Participants must have a Masters or Doctoral degree in Biotechnology or an allied area with at least five years of experience.
- Candidates will be short-listed through nominations received from Government-funded Universities.
- Nominating Universities should have a functional Technology Transfer Cell and / or be willing to augment their existing facilities through this training program.
- Public-funded Universities with a reasonable innovation index based on publications / patents would be given priority.
DURATION: Two weeks in Summer 2013
Khorana Program Technology Transfer Course Awards: 2013
Khorana Program Technology Transfer Course Awards: 2012
- Application form can be printed from here
- Download Brochure
|Dr. Shailja Gupta
Department of Biotechnology
|Dr. Nishritha Bopana
Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF)
|CGO Complex, Lodhi Road
New Delhi - 110003
|12 Hailey Road, Fulbright House,New Delhi- 110 001