Recognizing that Water is of fundamental importance for human development, the environment and the economy, and therefore needs to feature prominently in the development agenda of both India and the United States; the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL), the Daugherty Water for Food Institute (DWFI) and the Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) have partnered to nurture cooperation between students and scientists from both countries. The Water Advanced Research and Innovation (WARI) Fellowship Program - a dynamic and transformative program has thus been developed to foster long term Indo-American science and technology partnerships.
Research at UNL & DWFI
The program is envisaged to:
- provide opportunity to best and brightest Indian students and scientists to gain exposure and access to world class research facilities at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and the Daugherty Water for Food Institute;
- promote research and capacity building in the area of water;
- encourage and motivate outstanding students to take up research as a career path; and
- pave way for the next generation scientists and technologists from India to interact with American peers, thus helping to build long-term R&D linkages and collaborations.
For Student Internships
- Indian citizens currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Water Science and Engineering at a recognized institution of higher education and learning in India;
- Age: Upto 32 years as on 31 December 2016
- Indian citizens having Ph.D. in Water Science and Engineering.
- Applicants must be able of doing independent research work and have published in internationally recognized academic journals.
- Open to applicants working in the fields of Water resources, water chemistry and environmental engineering.
- Age: Upto 40 years as on 31 December 2016.
- Employment: The applicant should be affiliated to a public funded R&D Lab/ S&T Institution / recognized Universities/Colleges in India.
Number of Fellowships
- Student Internships 5
- Fellowships 5
Note: The above numbers are tentative and can be increased, decreased or inter-changed in either category at the discretion of DST, IUSSTF and UNL.
Application Deadline : 31stAugust 2016
- Internship: Minimum 3 months and upto 6 months
- Fellowship: Minimum 3 months and upto 12 months
Broad Categories for Research
Application form for Internship
Application form for Fellowship
WARI Awards 2015
Applications should be submitted electronically at email@example.com .
For information on potential mentors and research at UNL and DWFI, please contact:
Prof. Roberto Lenton
Founding Executive Director and Robert B. Daugherty Chair
Professor, Biological Systems Engineering, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
For program information contact:
Dr. Nishritha Bopana
Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum
12, Hailey Road
New Delhi – 110001