The Program is envisaged to:
- provide an opportunity to the best and brightest Indian students and scientists to gain exposure and access to world class research facilities in leading US institutions;
- promote research and capacity building in the frontline area of Biofuels and Bioenergy;
- encourage and motivate outstanding students to take up research as a career path; and
- pave the way for the next generation scientists and technologists from India to interact with American peers, thus helping to build long-term R&D linkages and collaborations.
- Systems & Synthetic Biology (to produce biofuels)
- Feed stock improvement (microalgae, macro algae, cellulosic biomass, tree born oil)
- Production Technology (cost-effective technology for bio-ethanol, algal biofuel, bio-butanol, bio-hydrogen, fuel cells, bio-refinery)
For Student Internships
- Indian citizen currently pursuing a Ph.D. on a full-time basis in the field of Biofuel related area in public-funded R&D lab/S&T institution (non-private) / recognized academic institute / university /college in India.
- Age: Upto 32 years as on 31st December 2016.
- Indian citizen with a Ph.D. in Life Science, Biotechnology, Engineering or Technology holding a regular permanent Position in public funded R & D lab/ S & T Institution /recognized universities/ colleges in India
- Applicants must provide proof of independent research work in internationally recognized academic journals.
- Open only to applicants working in the field of Biofuels
- Age: Upto 45 years as on 31st December 2016.
Place of work:
The applicant should have a letter of acceptance from a reputed US scientific/technological institution/laboratory where he/she would undertake the research work under the Fellowship/Internship.
- Monthly Stipend
- Contingency allowance
- Internship: Minimum 3 months and upto 6 months
- Fellowship: Minimum 3 months and upto 12 months
B-ACER Awardees : 2016
Applications should be submitted using our Online Application Portal for Visitation Programs. Hard copies and electronic copies of the application forms will not be accepted.
Applicants facing technical glitches in registering on the Online Application Portal may download the application format (given below) and email it along with all supporting documents in a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Form (Internship)
Application Form (Fellowship)
Submission Deadline :
For program information contact:
Dr. Sangita Kasture
Department of Biotechnology
Block 2, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi
Dr. Nishritha Bopana
Indo-US Science and Technology Forum
Fulbright House, 12, Hailey Road, New Delhi
Write to us at: email@example.com