For Student Internships
- Indian citizens currently pursuing a Ph.D. or M.Tech/ M.Arch.* in the field of Building Energy Efficiency or in engineering/science/ technology/architecture with a major area of research related to Building Energy Efficiency at a recognized institution of higher education and learning in India.
- Age: Up to 32 years as on 31 December 2016
*Only M.Tech/ M.Arch. students passing out on or after April 2018 are eligible to apply for the internship.
- Indian citizens having Ph.D./M.Tech./M.Arch. in Science, Engineering, Technology or Architecture in the specific area of Building Energy Efficiency. Relaxation in qualifications could be made for individuals with proven and considerable research background and experience who are part of a recognized institution of higher education and learning in India.
- Applicants must be pursuing independent research on extra-mural / industry-supported research projects and should have published in high-impact academic journals.
- Age: Upto 40 years as on 31 December 2016.
- Employment: The applicant should be affiliated to a public funded R&D Lab/S&T Institution (non-private)/ recognized Universities/Colleges in India.
The Program is envisaged to:
- provide opportunity to best and brightest Indian students and scientists to gain exposure and access to world class research facilities in US academia and labs;
- promote research and capacity building in the frontline area of Building Energy Efficiency;
- encourage and motivate outstanding students to take up research as a career path; and
- pave way for the next generation scientists and technologists from India to interact with American peers, thus helping to build long-term R&D linkages and collaborations.
Fellowship /Internship Includes:
- Monthly Stipend
- Return Air fare
- Contingency Allowance
- Health Insurance
- Internship: Minimum 3 months and up to 6 months
- Fellowships: Minimum 3 months and up to 12 months
Place of work:
The applicant should have a letter of acceptance from a reputed U.S. scientific/technological institution/laboratory where he/she would undertake the research work under the Fellowship/Internship.
BHAVAN Awardees : 2016
Applications should be submitted using our Online Application Portal for Visitation Programs. Hard copies and electronic copies of the application forms will not be accepted.
Applicants facing technical glitches in registering on the Online Application Portal may download the application format (given below) and email it along with all supporting documents in a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Form (Internship)
Application Form (Fellowship)
Submission Deadline Extended: 15th December 2016
For program information contact:
Dr. Nishritha Bopana
Indo-US Science and Technology Forum
Fulbright House, 12, Hailey Road, New Delhi
Write to us at: email@example.com