Indo-U.S. Fellowship for Women in STEMM (WISTEMM) - Iusstf
Program CoverImage And Description
- Provide opportunity to bright Indian women students and scientists to gain exposure and access to world-class research facilities in U.S. academia and labs.
- Promoting research and capacity building for Indian women students and scientists in different frontline areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM).
- Pave the way for the next generation Women Scientists and Technologists from India to interact with American peers, thus helping to build long-term R&D linkages and collaborations.
- Encourage, motivate and provide opportunity to outstanding women students to take up research path.
- Agricultural Sciences
- Atmospheric and Earth Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Cognitive Sciences
- Computational Sciences & IT
- Engineering and Technology
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Medical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
Women Overseas Student Internship:
Eligibility : Indian women applicants currently pursuing Ph.D. degree in Basic Sciences, Engineering or Technology including Agricultural and Medical Sciences on a full-time basis at any recognized academic institution/R&D institute/university in India.
(Note: Students currently enrolled in the first year of their Ph.D. degree or students who have submitted their thesis or likely to submit their thesis within the next three months from the last date of online submission are not eligible).
Age: 21 to 35 years as on the last date of application
Duration : For a period of 3-6 months
Women Overseas Fellowship:
Eligibility: Indian women applicant having Ph.D. degree in Basic Sciences, Engineering or Technology including Agricultural and Medical Sciences and holding a regular position at any recognized academic institution/ R&D institute/ university/ college in India.
Desirable: Applicants having research collaborative project with any Institute / Lab in U.S.A (but not visited there) will be preferred.
(Note: Candidates who have done their Ph.D. or D.Sc. from abroad or Candidates working on any kind of fellowships or Candidates already have overseas research exposure beyond duration of three months in last five years from the last date of submission are not eligible).
Age: 27 to 45 years as on the last date of application
Duration: For a period of 3-6 months